Healthy Swedish Meatballs
H E A L T H Y S W E D I S H M E A T B A L L S
yields 3 servings
Who doesn't love Swedish Meatballs & Pasta?! Fun fact: Swedish meatballs are actually based on a recipe King Charles XII brought home from Turkey in the early 18th century. So you can say this dish has been loved and adored for centuries.
Healthifying dishes is my favorite thing to do so you bet I ensured this baby was as "clean" as I possibly could make it, without sacrificing the flavor! If I didn't tell you it was a healthier version, you may have never known.. IT'S THAT GOOD!
I N G R E D I E N T S
1/2 cup Nancy's Organic Probiotic sour cream 1/2 onion 1 cup destemmed and shredded dino kale 1 garlic clove italian seasoning, salt & pep 2 tbsp beer (I used a hefe) 2 tsp Coco aminos (I prefer Big Tree Farm) roughly 1/2 cup or as much as needed pasta starch water to thin the sauce whole wheat fettuccine 4 oz ground grass-fed beef gf panko turmeric small sliver of butter or ghee & 1 tbsp avocado oil (I like Chosen Foods)
D I R E C T I O N S
1. Heat oven to 350, begin boiling water for the pasta, and mix panko, turmeric, salt pep & beef in a bowl until cohesive.
2. Roll the mixture into meatballs and place on a baking sheet. Once the oven has preheated, cook for ~10 min based on meatball size.
3. Add avocado oil, butter, diced onion, garlic, and dino kale to a saucepan until onions caramelize.
4. Begin to cook pasta in boiling water. Salt the water as this is important.
5. Once the vegetable mix has been midway cooked, begin to add the sour cream, beer, and starch water to the saucepan until thinned & creamy.
6. Add al dente pasta to the sauce, sprinkle with nutritional yeast, serve with the meatballs & enjoy!!